Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Ultimate Motorcycle Beverage Holder

Recently this summer I was looking for a way to offer my riding partner (my wife, the better half, my best friend......you get the picture) a way to refresh her thirst. I stopped at Capital City Harley-Davidson in Madison, WI and saw a product that I had never seen before, Hog Trough. At $119.95 for two lockable lower covers for the Ultra Classic model Harley-Davidson and a 1 Liter Insulated Bottle, I thought to myself this would be awesome, serve the purpose I was searching for, but at the time seemed to be too expensive.


I decided not to buy at this time. From the photos attached to the blog you can see I already have a cup holder for my endless supply of coffee as I ride. As with many husbands, we think too hard and long if it is an expense that we might not see much use for..............ah, but if it serves my wife, and she is happy, quenched, refreshed.........then all is good in the world! I then received a copy of the Harley-Davidson 2009 Parts Catalog and saw they offer a similar item, BUT no drink holder and NO insulated bottle! Well, my decision then was easy, you just gotta buy the product.

I went to Capital City and paid the $119.95 list price. The installation was a breeze, one that could be done while at home relaxing with a cold one. Actually, I don't think I got more than one sip and the entire product was installed on the bike.

We used the insulated bottle a few weeks later on a Mystery Ride to Cave of the Mounds (you can read about this ride in an early article within the blog) and the cap leaked. When we got home from the weekend ride I contacted Cap, creator of the Hog Trough and asked him about sending me a replacement top. Not only did he send me a replacement top, but the 20 oz. insulated mug and straw too! This was a $9.99 value! Cap also sent me the koozie that can be thrown in the freezer and used to keep your favorite canned beverage ice cold! Another $9.99 value!

I forgot to mention that the Harley-Davidson part sells for over $150! That's without a beverage holder! I haven't even mentioned that the lowers are lockable, providing additional secure storage for your cell phone, camera and expensive riding glasses.



I highly recommend Hog Trough. They even offer a Road Glide setup! Thanks again Cap! Great product, sure to please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much effort you put to create any such great informative website.


Also visit my site beam central vacuum systems Gauteng