Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The $33 Lite Bar

Introducing the $33.71 Harley-Davidson Light Bar for Touring Motorcycles! Well, actually it isn’t a lit light bar, it is however a reflective red and chrome add-on for the sole purpose of being seen. By-the-way, isn’t been seen what it’s all about?

I wish I could take credit for this idea, however like many; I will give credit where credit is due. While taking a break from teaching a Rider’s Edge Class at Capital City Harley-Davidson I saw a pearl white Ultra Classic with what I thought at the time was a light bar mounted just below the King Tour Pak lid cover. Upon closer inspection, I saw that it was 5 individually placed reflectors having chrome trim. The owner of the Ultra said he used to work at the Juneau Harley-Davidson Plant and got these reflectors there.

During my break I checked in the 2009 parts catalog and was not able to locate any such item. After talking to Jeff the parts manager at Capital City, he informed me that he had a few in the back. After a few seconds Jeff reappeared with three different reflectors and one happened to be the exact same one I was looking for. The part number is #59255-91 and costs $6.39 each. I had Jeff order five reflectors for me. The total cost $33.71.

If it is all about being seen then spend the $33.71 and let others know, you are out there! These reflectors will work for any full size King Tour Pak, I don’t know about the Chopped Tour Paks. I had to sand the top and bottom of each reflector to get it to lie flat against the Tour Pak. So if you ride a Road Glide, Ultra Classic, Classic or anything else with a King Tour Pak, these will work!

Let me know what you think after looking at the photos. Ride safe, straight, sober and BE SEEN!

No comments: