Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blue Knights Bike Blessing

The Blue Knights South Central Chapter II held its' Annual Bike Blessing on Saturday, April 4 in Jefferson at St. Mark's Lutheran Church. I had never experienced a bike blessing and since I was free and had a "new" 2008 Harley-Davidson Road Glide from Capital City HD, I knew that was where I needed to be.


An e-mail was sent to fellow Tourin' Hawg members and a few made the journey. The first week in April might be too early for those fair weather riders, but not any of the twenty or so true bike enthusiasts that were in attendance. I guess anytime you mention donuts and coffee, you are bound to attract cops! Fellow officers from the Warthogs, Blue Knights and Tourin' Hawgs and Fire & Iron made their way at least once to the selection of fine baked goods! Thanks Chad and Rhonnie for organizing the donuts and coffee!


There were many officers who were present that I have known for years; Bill, Dwayne, Bruce, Wayne and Chad just to name a few. Thanks for hosting this event and the Pastor at St. Mark's Lutheran Church for opening your doors to God's house and welcoming us inside. The bike blessing isn't really a blessing of bikes, it is a blessing of the riders and passengers who ride. We were blessed with perfect weather and fellowship.



The twenty or so riders that were present I'm afraid didn't put a dent in the 80 cup coffee pot! Sorry guys! Some of us at our age need to remember our bladders aren't what they used to be as teenagers! Stops between cups come far too often, if you know what I mean!



Thanks again. Ride safe and be forever Faithful! Remember whatever you do, do it to the glory of God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy
on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Great work!


my web blog ... CCCam4U Cccamservers